Microsoft has released a Security Bulletin to address eight critical vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer. For AccuNet’s NSP customers, we have already applied these critical updates. For our non-NSP customers, you will want to read below to apply these alerts OR contact AccuNet to have us apply these alerts for you. You may contact us at 614.899.9900 x 116 or contact us via our website here.
Today, Microsoft released MS10-002 to address eight vulnerabilities in Internet Explorer. You can find the details here, including the Remote Code Execution vulnerability reported in Security Advisory 979352. This is a cumulative update for Internet Explorer, accelerated from our regularly scheduled February release. For more details, you can visit the bulletin web page and the Microsoft Security Response Center blog.
Microsoft continues to see limited and targeted attacks against Internet Explorer 6 only. However, we recommend you deploy this security update as soon as possible to protect yourself against the known attacks.
Public Bulletin Webcast
Microsoft will host a webcast to address customer questions on this bulletin:
Title: Information About Microsoft’s January 2010 Out-of-Band Security Bulletin Release
Date: Thursday, January 21, 2010, at 1:00 P.M. Pacific Time (U.S. & Canada).
Public Resources related to this alert
- Security Bulletin MS10-002 – Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (978207):
- Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/
- Microsoft Security Research & Defense (SRD) Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/srd/
- Microsoft Malware Protection Center (MMPC) Blog: http://blogs.technet.com/mmpc/
- Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle (SDL) Blog: http://blogs.msdn.com/sdl/
Microsoft CSS Security Team