Microsoft IS COMMITTED to your Microsoft Dynamics SL investment!
Here’s a short declaration from their recently released Statement of Direction for Microsoft Dynamics SL:
The product roadmap for Microsoft Dynamics SL is based on a multi-release investment plan which provides the foundation for a new era of growth, innovation, and productivity for people’s businesses.
So what can YOU expect?
- Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0 and the Feature Pack are currently available to customers and provide the basis for future growth. Written in the Visual Studio® suite, Microsoft Dynamics SL 7.0 provides the latest tools for configuration and data integration. Other features include:
- Role-tailored main menu system
- Web access for many common project management functions
- Improved reporting and analysis to optimize business information
The Feature Pack adds a focus on employee and team collaboration and productivity for overall improved efficiency, including the ability to easily create document workspaces and repositories when creating new Projects, vendors or adding customers.
Additionally, Microsoft Dynamics SL and Microsoft Office Project 2007 can be connected to deliver financial insight to Project Managers in Office Project Professional and Microsoft Dynamics Business Portal.
- Microsoft Dynamics SL “8”: This release is currently in development in Microsoft and will be to market in the first half of calendar 2011 with beta releases in 2010. The highlights of this release include:
- Manage Business Documents
- Help Employees be More Productive
- Connect & Integrate
- Find, Report, and Analyze Information More Easily
- Microsoft Dynamics SL “9”: 2013-2014 will continue to build upon highly capable, role-based functions that are simple to use and improve a person’s productivity. Microsoft will place an emphasis on the following items:
- Role-Based Productivity
- Task Efficiency
- Connected Project Scenarios and Ecosystems
- Expand our Capability with Web Services
- Deliver improvements in mobility
- Business Intelligence
- Microsoft Dynamics SL “10”: 2015 – 2017 and beyond. Microsoft plans to continue investing in their overall strategy for mid-sized businesses with particular focus on project-driven organizations. Microsoft’s investments will be focused on the following items:
- Project-Driven Organizations
- Dynamics User Experience Leadership