WatchGuard XCS 370 Security Appliance Wins in CRN’s 2010 Products of the Year
SEATTLE – January 11, 2010 – WatchGuard® Technologies, a global leader of business security solutions, today announced that the company won the coveted CRN Everything Channel’s “2010 Product’s of the Year: Security Appliance” for the WatchGuard XCS 370.
CRN announces its Product of the Year Awards each December and recognized the XCS 370 for 2010 based upon its price, performance and power capabilities. “Many new products were introduced to the channel this year and narrowing our list was not an easy process. We needed to be sure that each product addressed a critical need, added significant value to the end user and made an immediate impact on how solution providers in the channel deliver technology,” said Kelley Damore, VP, Editorial Director, Everything Channel. “The winners are the best of the best and we congratulate them on producing top quality solutions.” Expanded coverage of the 2010 Products of the Year are featured in the December issue of CRN Magazine and online at www.crn.com.
“E-mail and the web are the main vectors for malware and other electronic threats entering enterprise networks today. No company is immune to this problem, but the deployment of combined WAM (web and messaging) security solutions can drastically reduce the volume of these threats,” said Phil Hochmuth, Program Manager for Security Products at IDC. “WatchGuard’s XCS 370 appliance targets the WAM security issue with a balance between price and performance geared towards mid-sized companies.”
“WatchGuard is very excited to receive this accolade from CRN. We believe that the XCS 370 exceeds the SMB customer’s expectations and provides best in class security and data loss prevention in an intuitive, easy to manage appliance,” said Mark Romano, Director of Global Channel and Field Marketing at WatchGuard Technologies and 2010 CRN Channel Chief.
WatchGuard XCS 370: Powerful Messaging Security for SMBs
WatchGuard XCS (Extensible Content Security) solutions, deliver the industry’s most effective defense-in-depth solution for email security, web security and data loss prevention. These easy-to-use, all-in-one solutions offer the most effective defense from email and web-based threats including spam, viruses, malware, URL filtering, blended threats, spyware and network attacks, as well as outbound content control to prevent data loss.
Small to mid-sized businesses do not need to pay high prices for powerful email security. WatchGuard XCS 370 appliances are affordable, complete email security solutions that defend against inbound threats including viruses, spam, blended threats, phishing, spyware and network attacks. The XCS 370 offers:
- Protection from bi-directional threats and content security across email and web, all in a single solution.
- Reputation Enabled Defense, WatchGuard’s innovative cloud/appliance hybrid security service, blocks more than 98% of unwanted and malicious email and web traffic at the connection level for rock-solid security and high performance.
- Powerful anti-spam with multiple layers of inspection and knowledge-based learning of unique messaging environments for more accurate spam detection.
- Deep content inspection and contextual analysis provides defense-in-depth approach for stronger protection from inbound spam, malware, blended threats, and network attacks.
- Zero-hour threat outbreak response closes the window of vulnerability to new threats with fastest response time.
- Attachment control blocks files that are known to be harmful so they never enter your network.
- Patented queue replication ensures zero message loss and continuity of business communications.
- Set-it-and-forget-it administration allows you to apply a single policy for total visibility and control of all email and web traffic without the need for a dedicated, costly management appliance.
More information about WatchGuard XCS solutions is available at www.watchguard.com.
About WatchGuard Technologies, Inc.
Since 1996, WatchGuard® Technologies, Inc. has been the advanced technology leader of business security solutions, providing mission-critical protection to hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide. The WatchGuard family of wired and wireless unified threat management appliances, messaging, content security and SSL VPN remote access solutions provide extensible network, application and data protection, as well as unparalleled network visibility, management and control. WatchGuard products are backed by WatchGuard LiveSecurity® Service, an innovative support, maintenance, and education program. WatchGuard is headquartered in Seattle and has offices serving North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America. To learn more, visit www.watchguard.com.